Google’s semi-secret Nexus One handset has been more or less exhaustively leaked at this point, with very few cats left to let out of the bag. The only two major points left were the tech specs and the release date – and now, even those have made their way out.
Our friends over at Engadget just had a chat with someone who could spill the beans – and spill they did. Not only did they share the above spec sheet, but they also mentioned that Google’s planning on selling the Nexus One on an invite-only basis come January 5th.
What exactly that entails, we’ve got no idea. Who gets an invite? Certainly not Google employees – they already have the handsets. Long time Google app users? Members of the Android development community? Dudes named Greg who write about cell phones on the Internet all day? Either way, we just Google opens up sales to everyone before too long.
- 3.7″ WVGA AMOLED Screen – Should be mind-blowingly gorgeous
- 119mm tall, 59.8 mm wide, 11.5mm thick – A hair thinner than the iPhone 3GS
- 512 MB RAM and 512 MB rom, with up to 32GB storage via microSD (4 GB comes in the box)
- HSPA 900 / 1700 / 2100 – It’ll work on EDGE on both T-Mo and AT&T, but 3G will be T-mobile only
- 802.11n Wi-Fi
- 5 Megapixel camera with Autofocus and Flash
- Bluetooth 2.1+ EDR