Taptu, the mobile search engine, is announcing today that they’re using the OneRiot search API to provide realtime search results to mobile devices at their touch-friendly mobile web page. The realtime search results will eventually make their way into the Taptu iPhone app.
Realtime Search Now Comes to Mobile
Cambridge, UK and Boulder, Colo. – November 10, 2009
- Taptu, the mobile search engine, and OneRiot, the realtime search engine, have launched the first ever realtime search for mobile. Available right now on Taptu.com, people can browse hot topics and discover the web’s most relevant new search results in realtime.
- Taptu makes use of OneRiot’s realtime search API, incorporating the web’s freshest, most buzzed about content into Taptu’s mobile-touch friendly interface. Mobile users can now search the realtime web or browse trending topics in a mobile-friendly format for touch screen devices, one of the most significant developments in mobile search to-date.
- This partnership fulfills a need for people to discover realtime, socially-influenced content on the go in a mobile-friendly format. The service is available on the major touch devices, including the iPhone, iPod touch, G1, Nokia N 97 and 5800, and the BlackBerry Storm 1.
- OneRiot’s realtime results will soon appear within Taptu’s iPhone app, providing even more functionality for realtime search on mobile devices.
- OneRiot’s API allows its partners to syndicate its realtime, socially-relevant results; Taptu is the first mobile search engine to leverage the company’s API.
Steve Ives, founder and CEO of Taptu: “Taptu introduced touch search to meet the specific needs of mobile users, and adding realtime search to this offering is a great feature. For the first time, mobile users will be able to find out what is going on right now in a mobile friendly format.”
Tobias Peggs, General Manager of OneRiot: “Increasingly, people want constant access to new information – a need that can be even more pressing when on the go. Mobile is an ideal platform for the discovery of realtime information and we are thrilled to partner with Taptu to start offering users the power of realtime search on their mobile devices.
- Go to Taptu’s Web site: www.taptu.com
- Read Taptu’s Blog: blog.taptu.com
- Follow Taptu on Twitter: twitter.com/taptu
- Go to OneRiot’s Web site: www.oneriot.com
- Read OneRiot’s blog: http://blog.oneriot.com
- Follow OneRiot on Twitter: http://twitter.com/oneriot
Taptu is a super-fast award winning mobile search engine that has been championed by industry and consumers alike for providing mobile-optimized results in a mobile-friendly interface. The service is available in English, Spanish, Italian, French and German, and Taptu announced in June 2009 that it is generating in excess of 1 million searches a day and over 3.2 million users. Taptu is available via any mobile browser and the Taptu iPhone app is available for free download from the App Store. Founded in 2007, Taptu is privately held and capitalized by leading investors, Sofinnova and 3i DFJ Espirit
OneRiot (www.oneriot.com) is a realtime search engine. Users search OneRiot to find the news, stories and videos that people are buzzing about right now for any topic. Uniquely, OneRiot orders its search results based on PulseRank, reflecting the realtime social buzz around each result. OneRiot launched in November 2008 and is a privately held company headquartered in Boulder, Colo. with offices in San Francisco. For more information, follow OneRiot at http://twitter.com/OneRiot or read the blog at http://blog.oneriot.com.