Today, Microsoft’s Windows Mobile Dev team released a humorous video giving a sneak peek inside the Microsoft Apps Lab. Here, you get a behind-the-scenes look at a few of the apps Microsoft dreamed up for its new Windows Marketplace, but were forced to reject for various reasons ranging from stupidity to lawsuits to physical pain.
The video is fairly amusing, but mostly because it seems like the undertone here is Microsoft prodding Apple’s App Store for both its draconian app approval process and the number of ridiculous apps in the store. This follows Verizon’s newest ad which takes on the iPhone head-on, while teasing about its new Droid device.
The video also features an virtual handshake app called the “Germaphobe” which, Mike would love!
- Founded 1976
- Overview Apple is a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, portable digital music players, and sells a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. Apple provides many products and services, including iPhone; iPad; iPod; Mac; Apple TV; a portfolio …
- Location Cupertino, CA
- Categories Consumer Electronics, Retail, Hardware, Electronics
- Website http://www.apple.com
- Full profile for Apple
- Founded 1974
- Overview Microsoft is an American multinational corporation that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells a range of software products and services. Microsoft’s devices and consumer (D&C) licensing segment licenses Windows operating system and related software; Microsoft Office for consumers; and Windows Phone operating system. The company’s computing and gaming hardware segment provides Xbox …
- Location Redmond, WA
- Categories Collaboration, Developer Tools, Cloud Computing, Enterprise Software, Operating Systems
- Website http://www.microsoft.com
- Full profile for Microsoft
- Founded 1983
- Overview Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company that operates 4G LTE and 3G networks as well as provides information and entertainment services. The company serves mass market, business, government, and wholesale customers by delivering broadband and other wireline and wireless communication innovations. Verizon Communications Wireless operates America’s largest wireless network …
- Location New York, NY
- Categories Information Technology, Mobile, Communications Infrastructure
- Website http://www.verizon.com/
- Full profile for Verizon Communications
- Overview Windows Phone News is an online platform that covers news, reviews, and opinions about all things Microsoft and Windows related. It offers information on everything from Windows Phones and PCs to Microsoft Surface, Band, Xbox, Hololens, and more. Windows Phone News was launched by Robert Gerleman.
- Categories News, Telecommunications
- Full profile for Windows Phone News