Get this! The iPhone is the most popular camera on Flickr! And it isn’t even a camera! LOL! According to Flickr’s camera finder the iPhone beat out the Canon Rebel XTi and other big players in the DSLR game.
The The LA Times notes that this isn’t a “shift” in consumer choice but a change in the way folks use phones. After all, people who use iPhones take lots of pictures and can send them to Flickr pretty easily? I’d wager that more people have iPhones, for example, than have Rebel XTis. And they definitely have more iPhones than 40Ds or Nikon D80s.
Sadly there’s no information regarding the use of disc film.
- Founded 1937
- Overview Canon Europe is the European arm of Canon, a manufacturer of business and consumer imaging products worldwide. It distributes imaging products, including printers, scanners, binoculars, camcorders, photocopiers, steppers, computer printers, and medical equipment as well as a range of digital compact and SLR cameras. It offers print and document solutions for small and medium businesses, large …
- Location Tokyo, 40
- Categories Consumer Electronics, Image Recognition, Hardware, Software
- Website http://www.canon.com
- Full profile for Canon
- Founded 2004
- Overview Flickr is an online photo management and sharing application. Flickr enables its user to show off their favorite photos and videos to the world, securely and privately show content to their friends and family, or blog the photos and videos they take with a cameraphone. Flickr helps people make their photos available to other people who matter to them and enables new ways of editing, organizing, …
- Location Sunnyvale, CA
- Categories Photography, Social Media, Photo Sharing, Video
- Website http://www.flickr.com
- Full profile for Flickr
- Founded 1917
- Overview Nikon Corporation is engaged in the manufacture and sale of optics and imaging instruments. It operates in three segments: precision equipment, imaging products, and instruments. The precision equipment segment offers IC/LCD steppers and scanners that are used for manufacturing integrated circuits, liquid crystal display panels, and organic electroluminescence panels for smartphones and tablet …
- Location Minato, 04
- Categories Photography, Photo Sharing, Motion Capture
- Website http://www.nikon.com
- Full profile for Nikon