The Onion strikes again, announcing Google Opt Out today, a product that lets people opt out of Google’s information gathering activities by having their home destroyed and moving to a covered villiage complex at an undisclosed location. As always, they nail it. Video is below.
For some additional time wasting this afternoon, see some of Google’s April Fools jokes mixed in with more Onion stories. One of the links below is actually a real product. Try to guess which one before you click on any.
- Google Purge (Google Purge will destroy all information that Google is otherwise unable to index)
- Google Chrome goes 3D
- AdSense for Spoken Conversations
- Mail Goggles for Gmail (to check that you’re really sure you want to send that late night Friday email)
- Google Wake Up Kit
- Google And Virgin Team For Human Settlement On Mars
- Google TiSP (a free, self installed free home wireless broadband service)
- Google Paper (email printing service)