TechCrunch Europe will be hosting a “TechCrunchTalk Nordic” Roundtable event in Stockholm on 27 May. What are we talking about here? An afternoon of presentations, interactive panels, Q&A’s and startup pitches, followed by networking in the evening.
Following on from the TechCrunch Brunch we held in Helsinki in November last year, we’ve been keen to assemble a larger and a greater regional tech startup crowd to share more real hard-core knowledge and experience, as well as facilitate meetings and introductions to investors and key industry players. As in every other region it visits, Techcrunch Europe is setting out to connect people.
TechCrunch Nordic is designed to bring together startups, seasoned entrepreneurs, investors and key industry players in the Nordic and Baltic regions for great networking, TechCrunch style. It will be taking place in the afternoon of Wednesday, May 27th, from 15.00-18.00 followed by networking until around 20.00.
Wnat to speak? For content and speaker suggestions please contact the TechCrunch Europe Editor.
Tickets to the event are a nominal SEK 475 per person (to minimise no-shows) – and can be purchased online here (early-bird discounts are available).
It will be at the Elite Palace Hotel, St Eriksgatan 115, Stockholm, and will focus on the following themes:
– “Minipreneurship” in web development – can a great web service be build on very small foundations?
– Sweden’s association with “big plays” (Skype, Stardoll, Tradedoubler etc) has given it a special place online – can it hold on to that in the future?
– The Nordic countries have a cultural history of gender equality – does that apply to tech as well?
– Do Nordic startups think international/global immediately? How do you launch a product in Europe across many markets?
– Are Nordic startups reaching beyond their borders for investors from other European countries?
– The new Nordic mobile landscape:
• Telcos versus Internet
• With Sweden and Finland, leading players in mobile innovation, what trends are appearing there first?
– Nordic and Baltic inter-change / inter-play:
• Is it a ‘greater regional market’ or are startups just focused on their own immediate home markets?
• Are Nordic VC’s mainly helping local startups or are they looking at the greater region?
A Pitch! Competition will be held for selected startups at the end of the afternoon.
Mattias Swenson, co-founder of Bloglovin, and the co-ordinator behind Swedish Startups, says: “The Swedish startup climate is improving and startups are beginning to meet up, sharing knowledge and information. Having said this, we are still a long way off from the thriving eco-system of Silicon Valley, so having a TechCrunchTalk Nordic will act as a dynamic injection into the community.”
We have a few sponsorship opportunities and demo tables available for companies to show off their products. If you are interested in supporting the Stockholm event or any of the other forth-coming events, please contact Petra Johansson of TwistedTree.
If you are a member of the press wanting to cover the Stockholm event or any of the forth-coming events, please contact Rassami Hök Ljungberg of rassami.
If you wish to be on the mailing list for early information about all TechCrunch Europe upcoming events, sign up here.