Nintendo launches the third iteration of its popular DS handheld, the DSi, on April 5th and today they’ve announced the first batch of DSiWare titles. This is important because we all get 1000 DSi Points to redeem in the DSi Shop. Aside from the following five titles, you can also download the DSi Browser for your Internet viewing pleasure.
• WarioWare™: Snapped! – Using the built-in Nintendo DSi camera, this outrageous title puts players right at the center of fast-paced mini-games, challenging them to race the clock and get a peek at Wario’s photo album.
• Bird & Beans™ – Using an elastic tongue, players must scramble to collect falling beans. The harder a bean is to catch, the more points it’s worth.
• Brain Age™ Express: Math – In this math-focused edition of the popular Brain Age series, players can enjoy a mix of new and familiar training exercises. A new Themes mode also lets Nintendo DSi users experiment with images and voice recordings in fun, unusual ways.
• Master of Illusion™ Express: Funny Face – This game uses your Nintendo DSi as a prop in a card trick. Draw a face on the touch screen and astound your audience as the face tells them which playing card they picked.
• Art Style™: AQUIA™ – The newest addition to the eye-popping Art Style series, this mesmerizing underwater puzzle game challenges players to help a scuba diver reach the ocean floor by matching a series of colored blocks.
If you’re in or around Universal City, CA, this Saturday then stop by the GameStop at Universal CityWalk for the midnight launch of the DSi. You can hang out with Cammie Dunaway from Nintendo and my BFF Kevin Pereira from G4’s AOTS.
We’ll have our unboxing of the DSi in just a bit. I was really hoping for that snazzy blue DSi to match my Lamb Chop mouse pad, but no such luck. And I didn’t get a cake either.