The Moto Dev Group (not Motorola)
previously stated that the company is fully committed to Android development and now it seems the company is working diligently getting the OS functional on an e-ink display. So far the development guys have succeeded on a proof of concept device, but it’s still far from production quality. Android’s open source code and e-inks low power consumption could be match made in heaven if the two can work nicely together.
- Founded 1928
- Overview Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) is a data communications and telecommunications equipment provider that succeeded Motorola Inc. following the spin-off of the mobile phones division into Motorola Mobility Holdings, Inc. in 2011. The company is headquartered in Schaumburg, Illinois, a Chicago suburb. Motorola Solutions is composed of the Enterprise Mobility Solutions division of the former Motorola, …
- Location Schaumburg, Illinois
- Categories Enterprise Software
- Website http://www.motorolasolutions.com
- Full profile for Motorola Solutions
- Founded 1997
- Overview E Ink Corp. is a supplier of electronic paper display (EPD) technologies. Products made with E Ink's electronic ink are designed to possess a paper-like high contrast appearance, ultra-low power consumption and a thin, light form. E Ink's technology is tailored for many consumer and industrial applications including handheld devices, watches, clocks and public information and promotional signs.
- Location Cambridge, MA
- Categories Software, Hardware
- Founders Joe Jacobson, Barrett Comiskey, J.D. Albert, Russ Wilcox, Jeremy Rubin
- Website http://www.eink.com
- Full profile for E Ink