I think you have to be a real hardware geek to find this stuff funny, so it’s no surprise that it made me smile. Although it’s not exactly credited, it’s pretty clear that this is a low-key effort by AMD to discredit NVIDIA — the cartoon casts a bediapered dinosaur as NVIDIA’s troubled last generation of video cards and makes fun of their limited and faulty hardware.
Whether it’s “official” or not is hard to say, but it’s fun no matter what.
- Founded 1969
- Overview Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is a semiconductor company that designs and develops graphics, processors, and media solutions for both commercial and consumer markets. The company’s products portfolio includes desktop graphics, laptop graphics, professional graphics, desktop processors, laptop and tablet processors, server processors, embedded processors, chipsets, and solid state drives (SSD). Its …
- Location Sunnyvale, CA
- Categories Semiconductor, Cloud Computing, Hardware, Software, Video Games, Virtualization
- Website http://www.amd.com/en-gb
- Full profile for AMD
- Founded 1993
- Overview Nvidia specializes in the manufacture of graphics-processor technologies for workstations, desktop computers, and mobile devices. The company, based in Santa Clara, California, is a major supplier of integrated circuits used for personal-computer motherboard chipsets, graphics processing units (GPUs), and game-consoles.
- Location Santa Clara, CA
- Categories GPU, Hardware, Software, Virtualization
- Website http://www.nvidia.com
- Full profile for Nvidia
- Founded 1960
- Overview Allegheny Technologies Incorporated is one of the largest and most diversified specialty materials and components producers in the world with revenues of approximately $3.9 billion for the last twelve months. ATI has approximately 9,500 full-time employees world-wide who use innovative technologies to offer global markets a wide range of specialty materials solutions.
- Location Pittsburgh, PA
- Categories Chemical, Advanced Materials, Mining Technology
- Full profile for ATI