Oh my! Three of the biggest laptop makers out there all announcing 4G/WiMAX/XOHM service. All on the same day, too. It’s almost as if it was planned. Acer has it in their big ones, Toshiba has it in their little ones, and Lenovo has it in just about their entire line.
Boy, with all these laptops sucking up the signal, they might want to put those WiMAX points on higher ground!
- Founded 1976
- Overview Established in 1976, Acer is an information and communication technology company dedicated to the research, design, marketing, sale and support of innovative products that enhance people's lives. Acer's green supply chain delivers environmentally friendly PCs, displays, projectors, servers, tablets and smartphones — tools their customers need to explore beyond limits and experience more. Acer employs …
- Location Taipei, 03
- Categories Computer, Consumer Electronics, Hardware, ICT
- Website http://www.acer.com
- Full profile for Acer
- Founded 1985
- Overview Lenovo is one of the world's leading personal technology companies, producing innovative PCs and mobile internet devices. A global Fortune 500 company, Lenovo is the world's largest PC vendor and fourth largest smartphone company. While the Lenovo brand came into existence only in 2004, the company has a much longer history. In 1984, Legend Holdings was formed with 200,000 RMB (US$25,000) in a …
- Location Morrisville, NC
- Categories Computer, Hardware, Manufacturing, Mobile
- Website http://www.lenovo.com
- Full profile for Lenovo
- Founded 1875
- Overview Toshiba Corporation is a manufacturer and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products such as information and communications systems; digital consumer products; electronic devices and components; power systems including nuclear energy; industrial and social infrastructure systems; and home appliances. Toshiba Corporation was founded in 1939 and is based in Tokyo, Japan.
- Location Tokyo, 40
- Categories Hardware, Software, Electronics, Manufacturing
- Website http://www.toshiba.co.jp
- Full profile for Toshiba Corporation
- Description WiMAX has hit technology news in a big way. This networking system can blanket a 30-mile radius with broadband access.
- Website N/A
- Full profile for WiMax