This is interesting. I really had no idea that Kodak was the sensor provider for both Leica and Hasselblad, whose near-medium-format professional DSLRs have been the talk of the town lately. Good for Kodak! I like it when companies are behind the scenes and don’t steal the thunder — companies like IBM and Broadcom that make the hardware that makes the hardware.
I wonder then if Kodak is in Red’s sights as well? They have said they are going to take on Canon and Nikon, but with the idea being that their sensor is far better, that also puts Kodak in the kill zone.
- Founded 1892
- Overview Kodak provides imaging solutions and services for enterprises and consumers. It provides packaging, functional printing, graphic communications and professional services under its key segment, which is digital printing & enterprise and graphics, entertainment & commercial films. Kodak is known for photographic film products, It focused on digital photography and digital printing after the rise …
- Location Rochester, NY
- Categories Photography, Digital Media, Film Production, Printing, Film, Enterprise Software, Manufacturing, Motion Capture
- Website http://kodak.com
- Full profile for Kodak
- Founded 1980
- Overview Leica Camera AG is an internationally operating, premium-segment manufacturer of cameras and sport optics products. The legendary status of the Leica brand is founded on a long tradition of excellence in the construction of lenses and optical devices. And today, in combination with innovative technologies, Leica products continue to guarantee better pictures in all situations in the worlds of visualisation …
- Location Wetzlar, 05
- Categories Photography, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing
- Website http://leica-camera.com/
- Full profile for Leica
- Founded 1941
- Overview Hasselblad manufactures medium format digital and film cameras, lenses, backs, scanners, and other photo equipment. The company was founded in 1941 and is based in Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Location Gothenburg, 28
- Categories Photography, Sensor, Manufacturing
- Website http://www.hasselblad.com
- Full profile for Hasselblad