Last May, Google announced the first set of winners in its two-part contest called Android Challenge. The challenge is meant to kick-start the creation of 3rd-party applications for its nascent mobile platform by enticing developers with a total of $10 million in awards.
Today, Google is releasing the names of its second set of winners, 10 of which receive $275,000 and 10 of which receive $100,000.
The full list of winners can be found here.
Other winners of $275,000 in this second round include:
- cab4me: “cab4me enables you to easily call a cab to any location worldwide. You do not need to know the number of the local cab company. You do not need to enter or even know the address you want to be picked up at. You do not need to place a call. With cab4me you can order a cab to your current location with a single click.”
- Compare Everywhere: “Scan a barcode to instantly check if that “sale price” really is a good deal. Read reviews to find out if those hiking boots will last a lifetime, or fall apart next month. Keep track of shopping lists, wish lists, and more.”
- Ecorio: “Ecorio allows the user to accurately calculate their travel carbon footprint. Given awareness of their travel carbon footprint, the user can take action in three ways: Reduce, Inspire, and Offset.”
- GoCart: “GoCart informs the shopper. It bridges the gap that exists between shopping online and shopping at the store. GoCart is your shopping cart on-the-go.”
- Life360: “Life360 uses a multi-channel messaging system and neighborhood-centric social network to keep you up-to-date and in contact with your family and local community.”
- Locale: “Locale allows you to create Situations, which specify Conditions under which your Settings should change.”
- PicSay: “PicSay allows you to quickly add word balloons, titles, and props to the pictures you have taken with your mobile phone camera.”
- Softrace: “With Softrace people around the world meet online to compete against each other in different physical activities. Races can take place in real time, just like traditional races.”
- Wertago: “Wertago is the mobile application nightlifers have been waiting for—a single application that shows you up-to-the-second information about what venues are hot, helps you coordinate plans with all your friends, lets you share content and influence the social scene, and enables you to connect with socialites all across the city.”