PSP fanboys, take note. Starting today, your little Sony buddy can hop on any of the FON Wi-Fi spots. Details aren’t exactly clear as if full internet will be available or if it is just going to be Sony-exclusive material. As far as the service goes though, there are around 44,000 FON spots world-wide so chance are that unless you’re in the middle of the a corn field, there is probably a FON spot by you.
Any PSP users care to give us a little hands on the new service? Pics and thoughts in the comments.
- Founded 2006
- Overview Fon was founded in February 2006 by serial entrepreneur Martin Varsavsky with the goal of blanketing the world with WiFi. Today the company is a global WiFi leader with over 20 million hotspots in 18 countries around the world. Fon has offices in Madrid, Bilbao, London, Tokyo, and New York. Its partners include Telstra (Australia), Proximus (Belgium), Oi (Brazil), HT (Croatia), SFR (France), Deutsche …
- Location Madrid, 29
- Categories Wireless, Mobile
- Founders Martin Varsavsky
- Website http://www.fon.com
- Full profile for Fon
- Founded 1946
- Overview Sony Australia is the Australian arm of Sony, a multinational conglomerate corporation that designs and develops electronic equipment, instruments, and devices. The company offers LCD televisions, audio systems, Blu-ray disc players, memory-based audio devices, personal computers, interchangeable single-lens cameras, PlayStations, batteries, audio/video/data recording media, storage media, optical …
- Location Tokyo, 40
- Categories Consumer Electronics, Hardware, Software, Video on Demand
- Website http://www.sony.net/
- Full profile for Sony