Best friends Google and Verizon Wireless are expected to ink a deal that’ll really bring in the green (…) The deal would make Google the default search provider on VZW phones, and VZW will get a cut of search revenue.
Apparently there’s still a few issues being worked out. Google wants to save all the searches on its servers, for one. Imagine Google with that info: “People tend to search for XYZ while on their cellphone, let’s increase the rate for XYZ ads.” And then Google takes over the world, or some such.
- Founded 1998
- Overview Google is a multinational corporation that is specialized in internet-related services and products. The company’s product portfolio includes Google Search, which provides users with access to information online; Knowledge Graph that allows users to search for things, people, or places as well as builds systems recognizing speech and understanding natural language; Google Now, which provides information …
- Location Mountain View, CA
- Categories Search Engine, Blogging Platforms, Ad Network, Email, Video Streaming, Software, Information Technology
- Website http://www.google.com/
- Full profile for Google
- Founded 2000
- Overview Verizon Wireless offers wireless telecommunications services, devices, and solutions. The company provides 4G LTE network throughout the United States. It serves 108.2 million retail connections and operates more than 1,700 retail locations in the United States. It also offers voice and data services in more than 200 destinations. Verizon Wireless’s online store sells basic phones, smartphones, …
- Location , NJ
- Categories Wireless, Communication Hardware, Telecommunications
- Website http://www.verizonwireless.com
- Full profile for Verizon Wireless