The Xbox 360 outsold the PS3 for the first time ever in Japan. Microsoft’s console sold 28,116 units to Sony’s 10,705. That’s a significant difference, and one almost entirely due of the release of Tales of Vesperia, a JRPG published by Namco Bandai. Japan loves it some JRPGs.
I would call out Reuters, though, in portraying the current console battle as a three-way race. Nintendo is so far ahead of the Sony and Microsoft this generation that the name of this movie is Nintendo and The Also-rans.
- Description The Xbox 360 is Microsoft's 2nd generation game console.
- Website N/A
- Full profile for Xbox 360
- Website N/A
- Full profile for
- Founded 1889
- Overview Nintendo is a Japanese multinational consumer electronics company that develops game consoles. The company is engaged in developing, manufacturing, and distributing desktop and portable consoles and other related hardware and software components. It also offers entertainment products such as Family Computer (NES), Super Famicom (SNES), Nintendo 64, Nintendo GameCube, Wii, and Wii U. Nintendo …
- Location Kyoto, 22
- Categories Consumer Electronics, Video Games
- Website http://nintendo.com
- Full profile for Nintendo
- Founded 1974
- Overview Microsoft is an American multinational corporation that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells a range of software products and services. Microsoft’s devices and consumer (D&C) licensing segment licenses Windows operating system and related software; Microsoft Office for consumers; and Windows Phone operating system. The company’s computing and gaming hardware segment provides Xbox …
- Location Redmond, WA
- Categories Developer Tools, Cloud Computing, Software, Operating Systems
- Website http://www.microsoft.com
- Full profile for Microsoft