Canon announced today three new additions to their scanner line. The film and document scanner CanoScan 5600F and two document dedicated models, the LiDE200 and LiDE100. A few new upgrades have been added across the board. Besides powering up faster and scanning quicker, users now have the option of using the new Auto Scan Mode. A dedicated “SCAN” button is incorporated which lets the scanner automatically detect which type of document is being scanned.
Round up of features after the jump.
• Inculded white LED, which eliminates warm-up time while decreasing overall power consumption.
• Quick and Automatic Retouching and Enhancement (QARE) Level 3 technology, which aids in automatic dust, scratch, fading and graininess reduction,
• Ability scan letter-sized color documents at a resolution of 300 dpi in approximately 11 seconds.
• Built-in power source, an easier to open document cover and internally wired FAU cable.
• The estimated selling price for the CanoScan 5600F Color Image Scanner is $149.99.
CANON CANOSCAN LiDE200 and LiDE100 COLOR IMAGE SCANNER
• The CanoScan LiDE200 has a maximum optical resolution of 4800 x 4800 dpi while the CanoScan LiDE100 has a maximum optical resolution of 2400 x 4800 dpi.
• Only one USB 2.0 high-speed cable is necessary for connecting to a computer and providing the necessary power.
• The QARE Level 3 technology, used with the CanoScan 5600F Color Image Scanner, is used for both of these scanners as well.
• With the enhanced PDF function, bulky documents can be filed easily and letter-sized color documents can be scanned on the CanoScan LiDE200 in approximately 14 seconds, while on the CanoScan LiDE100 the scan can be completed in approximately 24 seconds at a resolution of 300 dpi.
• The estimated selling price of the CanoScan LiDE200 Color Image Scanner is $89.99 and $59.99 for the CanoScan LiDE100 Color Image Scanner.