Bill Gates leaves Microsoft on June 27, and every news outlet is now running their own version of “What happens now?” Newsweek’s is among the least annoying, comparing a photo taken in 1978 at a mall in Albuquerque to one taken a few weeks ago.
All the big players are there, from Gates himself to friend and Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen to a then-programmer who’s now a cattle rancher.
Fun and lighthearted, perfect for a Sunday.
- Founded 1974
- Overview Microsoft is an American multinational corporation that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells a range of software products and services. Microsoft’s devices and consumer (D&C) licensing segment licenses Windows operating system and related software; Microsoft Office for consumers; and Windows Phone operating system. The company’s computing and gaming hardware segment provides Xbox …
- Location Redmond, WA
- Categories Developer Tools, Cloud Computing, Software, Operating Systems
- Website http://www.microsoft.com
- Full profile for Microsoft
- Bio Bill Gates is founder, technology advisor and board member of Microsoft Corporation, the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential. He served as chairman of the board until Feb. 4, 2014. On June 27, 2008, Gates transitioned out of a day-to-day role in the company to spend more time on his global health and education work at …
- Full profile for Bill Gates
- Bio Four decades after co-founding Microsoft, entrepreneur and philanthropist Paul G. Allen is still exploring the frontiers of technology and human knowledge, and working to change the future. Through his company Vulcan Inc. Mr. Allen is working to save endangered species, improve ocean health, tackle contagious diseases, research the human brain and build sustainable communities. In all his endeavors, …
- Full profile for Paul Allen