Interesting new site launch over at GigaOM’s popular video news blog, NewTeeVee – NewTeeVee station. The site contains videos from various video sites like YouTube, Blip, etc. that have been selected by editor Liz Shannon Miller, who was previously at Variety and the Daily Reel.
NTV Station is leveraging some of the tools created for Ostatic, another site recently launched by GigaOM – including an overview and editor and user reviews and ratings. They are also maintaining a database of shows, cast, crew and other information. They are also using VodPod to collect and store videos.
Overview video by Miller is below. It looks like NTV Station isn’t going niche, instead trying to focus on popular videos and up and coming stuff. It’s going to be hard to compete with Digg video when it comes to finding really interesting stuff, in my opinion. But hey, all this content is created by others, which makes it a lot easier to maintain the site.
Some additional features, from Om Malik’s post:
* Features editorial reviews of online videos written by a team lead by Liz Shannon Miller, who comes to us from Variety and the Daily Reel.
* Has over 100 NTV shows & videos as part of the launch effort alone.
* Sports a database of cast, crew and other details to map out the expanding web video universe.
* Invites readers to become part of the editorial process by adding their own reviews, comments and ratings.
* Boasts eight channels of the most memorable comedy, commercials, drama, music, news & talk, personalities, reality and zeitgeist picks.
* Showcases what’s hot at that moment, right on the front page.
* Can be subscribed to via the Station RSS feed or be bundled with NewTeeVee Feed.