Apple and CBS are being sued over the name “Mighty Mouse” &mash; but not in the way you think. A company called Man and Machine created a chemical resistant mouse called Mighty Mouse in 2004. Then Apple licensed the name “Mighty Mouse” from CBS and began selling their own model. Man and Machine believes that CBS had no right to license the trademark to Apple as their trademark was on a fictional character while MaM’s was ostensibly on a pointing device. Hilarity, I’m sure, will ensue.
- Founded 1976
- Overview Apple is a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, portable digital music players, and sells a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. Apple provides many products and services, including iPhone; iPad; iPod; Mac; Apple TV; a portfolio …
- Location Cupertino, CA
- Categories Consumer Electronics, Retail, Hardware, Software, Electronics
- Website http://www.apple.com
- Full profile for Apple
- Founded 1986
- Overview CBS8.com is an online platform that offers the latest news and information from San Diego. The platform is the online presence of News 8, a CBS-owned television station.
- Location New York, NY
- Categories News, Broadcasting, Music, Television
- Website http://www.cbs.com
- Full profile for CBS