Those sports at Amazon understand “new technologies don’t always work out as planned.” Or rather, they don’t work out as Toshiba planned. I have a feeling this is how Sony planned it all along. In any case, if you bought one of those bargain HD-DVD players after February 23rd, help yourself to $50 worth of stuff from Amazon. Personally, I’d be buying the Planet Earth box set. Hell yes.
- Founded 1994
- Overview Amazon is an e-commerce retailer formed originally to provide consumers with products in two segments. It offers users with merchandise and content purchased for resale from vendors and those offered by third-party sellers. Operating in North American and International markets, Amazon provides its services through websites such as amazon.com and amazon.ca. It also enables authors, musicians, filmmakers, …
- Location Seattle, WA
- Categories Crowdsourcing, E-Commerce, Internet, Delivery, Retail, Software
- Founders Jeff Bezos
- Website http://amazon.com
- Full profile for Amazon
- Founded 1875
- Overview Toshiba Corporation is a manufacturer and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products such as information and communications systems; digital consumer products; electronic devices and components; power systems including nuclear energy; industrial and social infrastructure systems; and home appliances. Toshiba Corporation was founded in 1939 and is based in Tokyo, Japan.
- Location Tokyo, 40
- Categories Hardware, Software, Electronics, Manufacturing
- Website http://www.toshiba.co.jp
- Full profile for Toshiba Corporation