That Centro smartphone from Palm? The one now in Obsidian Black? The one I told you about this weekend that you could pick up for a measly $39 on sale at Best Buy? They just sold a million of them. That’s one million people in America walking around with the small yet powerful devices for AT&T or Sprint.
I’ve been a fan of the Centro since it was leaked. I said it was the perfect gateway device, as it retains a phone-like form factor while granting smartphone functionality. And it’s easy for first timers to use. I love being right all the time.
- Founded 2001
- Overview Centro is creating a platform to make digital advertising easier. Its enterprise-class software centralizes, organizes and automates all digital media campaigns across all channels, accessing both guaranteed and biddable inventory, to achieve any objective. Our holistic approach gives marketers a single system of record to fulfill their research, planning, buying, optimization, reporting and reconciliation …
- Location Chicago, IL
- Categories Marketing, Digital Media, Advertising, Enterprise Software
- Founders Shawn Riegsecker
- Website http://www.centro.net
- Full profile for Centro
- Founded 1992
- Overview Palm, Inc. was a leading mobile products company, creating instinctive yet powerful mobile products that enabled people to better manage their lives on the go. The company's products for consumers, mobile professionals and businesses included Palm Treo and Centro smartphones and Palm handheld computers, as well as software, services and accessories. In July 2010, Palm was acquired by [HP](/company/hewlett-packard). …
- Location Sunnyvale, CA
- Categories Mobile Devices, Information Technology, Mobile
- Website http://www.palm.com
- Full profile for Palm