On the news that Apple and Nike were going to expand their iPod partnership, Adidas is giving a bit of a “me too”, introducing a shoe + phone scheme, using wireless biometrics in the show to display information on an Adidas-branded Samsung phone.
We knew it was coming, but now it’s official, and that’s nice.
Adidas to take on Nike+ with branded handset [Brand Republic]
- Founded 1976
- Overview Apple is a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, portable digital music players, and sells a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. Apple provides many products and services, including iPhone; iPad; iPod; Mac; Apple TV; a portfolio …
- Location Cupertino, CA
- Categories Consumer Electronics, Retail, Hardware, Software, Electronics
- Website http://www.apple.com
- Full profile for Apple
- Description Apple's MP3 player that launch in 2001.
- Website N/A
- Full profile for iPod
- Founded 1964
- Overview Nike is an American company that designs, develops, and markets footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessory products. The company offers various categories of shoes including running, training, basketball, soccer, sport-inspired urban shoes, and kids' shoes. It also provides shoes for aquatic activities, baseball, football, cheerleading, golf, lacrosse, outdoor activities, skateboarding, tennis, …
- Location Beaverton, OR
- Categories Product Design, Sporting Goods, Fashion
- Website http://www.nike.com/
- Full profile for Nike
- Founded 1920
- Overview Adidas strives to be the leading sports brand in the world an ambitious yet realistic goal. One major lever to achieve this is the brand broad and unique product portfolio spanning from apparel and footwear for professional athletes to premium fashion. It allows adidas to address multiple consumer needs, tackle market opportunities from various angles as well as be less affected by one-dimensional …
- Location Herzogenaurach, 02
- Categories Shoes, Sports, Fashion
- Website http://www.adidas.com
- Full profile for Adidas