Something is wrong here. TiVo grabs data from how many times the pause and rewind buttons are pressed during the Super Bowl and makes the most frequently shifted ads the “top ten” ads.
If you watched the game, though, you’ll agree with me that there’s no way the Dorito’s “Mouse Trap” or the Ice Breakers “Carmen Electra” spot should be anywhere close to the top ten ads. I can, however, see people rewinding each of the aforementioned ads and saying, “What the hell was that? Someone spent $3 million on THAT? Rewind it again, I can’t tell what the hell just happened.”
So please, TiVo, let’s not call these the “top ten rated commercials” just because a couple of them didn’t make any sense and had to be rewound a few dozen times. Full list after the jump.
The top ten rated commercials of this year’s game were:
- E-Trade: “Baby” (1)
- Pepsi Co: “Justin Timberlake”
- Doritos: “Mouse Trap” (user-generated)
- Coca-Cola: “James Carville and Bill Frist”
- Ice Breakers: “Carmen Electra”
- Bridgestone: “Headlights”
- Bud Light: “Cavemen”
- Vitamin Water: “Horse Race”
- Cars.com Plan B: “Witch Doctor”
- Life Water: “Thriller”
You can see the ads here.