Here she is, the Mac laptop that had us all buzzing these past few weeks, the MacBook Air. What is it, exactly? And what’s with the Air monkier?
• It’s got a 13.3-inch widescreen, LED display.
• Yes, it uses a multi-touch trackpad.
• It uses an Intel Core 2 Duo processor at 1.66 GHz. It comes with an 80GB hard drive as standard, or you can opt for a 64GB flash drive, but that’ll cost ya. 2GB RAM is standard. Finally.
• There’s no built-in optical drive. A separate, USB drive will be available for $99 later. You can “borrow” another PC/Mac’s optical drive using supplied software.
• Built-in 802.11n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth. It has something called a micro-DVI port for outputting video.
• She weighs three pounds, with a five-hour battery life. Three pounds? Isn’t that a little on the heavy side?
• Price: $1,799. Yeah…
• You can pre-order it today and it’ll ship in two weeks.
• Apple just put a video of it on its Web site. Right here, or thereabouts.