RIM is once again suing another mobile phone manufacturer over something completely absurd and, well, asinine. Apparently people will mistake the Black Label line of smartphones from LG to RIM’s BlackBerry devices. It violates some trademark and is ‘confusingly similar’. Yeah, whatever you say, RIM.
BlackBerry Maker Sues LG for Black Label Name [Chosun Ilbo]
- Founded 1984
- Overview BlackBerry provides wireless devices and solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market. It is widely known for the development of the Blackberry smartphone. It offers the BlackBerry wireless communications platform solution, which includes the commpression and security infrastructure services enabling BlackBerry hand-held wireless devices to send and receive wireless messages and data. …
- Location Waterloo, ON
- Categories Embedded Systems, Wireless, Hardware, Software, Telecommunications, Mobile
- Website http://us.blackberry.com
- Full profile for BlackBerry
- Founded 1958
- Overview LG is a South Korean multinational company which includes LG Electronics. LG Englewood Cliffs is a new building initiative that protects the palisades and creates homes for the growing U.S. workforce.
- Location Seoul, 11
- Categories Consumer Electronics, Hardware, Software, Information Technology, Telecommunications, Electronics
- Website http://www.lg.com
- Full profile for LG