A new joint copyright alliance that includes CBS Corp., Dailymotion, Microsoft, NBC Universal, News Corp.’s Fox and MySpace units, Viacom Inc. and Walt Disney Co is due to launch Friday, according to a report from the Wall Street Journal.
Google is noted as not being a member of the grouping, but in discussions to join.
The group will address copyright-related issues including video piracy, with a focus on using technology to eliminate copyright-infringing content and blocking any infringing material before it is publicly accessible.
- Founded 1998
- Overview Google is a multinational corporation that is specialized in internet-related services and products. The company’s product portfolio includes Google Search, which provides users with access to information online; Knowledge Graph that allows users to search for things, people, or places as well as builds systems recognizing speech and understanding natural language; Google Now, which provides information …
- Location Mountain View, CA
- Categories Search Engine, Blogging Platforms, Ad Network, Collaboration, Email, Video Streaming, Software, Enterprise Software
- Website http://www.google.com/
- Full profile for Google
- Founded 2005
- Overview Dailymotion is a video-hosting platform, on which users can upload, watch and share videos. The platform is the 40th most visited website in the world, according to Comscore (December 2014). Dailymotion delivers content on all verticals and from all over the world through its HD player. Users can watch videos live and on-demand. The company works closely with content creators, providing …
- Location New York, NY
- Categories Social Media, Hardware, Video, News
- Founders Olivier Poitrey
- Website http://www.dailymotion.com
- Full profile for Dailymotion
- Founded 2003
- Overview MySpace is one of the world's largest social networks, with about 125 million users. Originally inspired by [Friendster](http://www.crunchbase.com/company/friendster), MySpace quickly grew to become the world's largest social network, before being overtaken by [Facebook](http://www.crunchbase.com/company/facebook). User pages are highly customizable and support integration with widgets such as [Slide](http://www.crunchbase.com/company/slide) …
- Location Beverly Hills, CA
- Categories Social Media, Web Hosting, Social Network, Analytics, Music
- Founders Tom Anderson
- Website http://myspace.com
- Full profile for MySpace