The boys in the far east are spilling the beans that Apple is considering the adoption of Intel’s Moorestown MID processor for the next run of iPhones.
Intel revealed a Moorestown-based MID product with functions similar to Apple’s iPhone at the recent Intel Developer Forum (IDF) San Francisco. The Moorestown platform is expected to launch in 2009 and Apple is considering developing an iPhone based on it, stated the sources.
Wonder how this will affect the notebook and mobile handset sectors?
- Founded 1976
- Overview Apple is a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, portable digital music players, and sells a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. Apple provides many products and services, including iPhone; iPad; iPod; Mac; Apple TV; a portfolio …
- Location Cupertino, CA
- Categories Consumer Electronics, Retail, Hardware, Software, Electronics
- Website http://www.apple.com
- Full profile for Apple
- Founded 1968
- Overview Intel Corporation designs, manufactures, and sells integrated digital technology platforms worldwide. It operates through PC client group, data center group, other Intel architecture, software and services, and other segments. The company’s platforms are used in various computing applications such as notebooks, desktops, servers, tablets, smartphones, automobile infotainment systems, automated …
- Location Santa Clara, CA
- Categories Hardware, Software
- Website http://www.intel.com
- Full profile for Intel