With the FCC 700MHz auction looming over our heads, Google has been talking to various cellphone carriers about carrying Google-customized handsets. AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon have all be contacted about the deal and no word yet on whether anyone is considering it, although Deutsche Telekom (T-Mo Germany) is considering the proposal.
As for manufacturers, only LG has been contacted, which is no biggie since LG already offers a few Google-branded handsets.
- Founded 1998
- Overview Google is a multinational corporation that is specialized in internet-related services and products. The company’s product portfolio includes Google Search, which provides users with access to information online; Knowledge Graph that allows users to search for things, people, or places as well as builds systems recognizing speech and understanding natural language; Google Now, which provides information …
- Location Mountain View, CA
- Categories Search Engine, Blogging Platforms, Ad Network, Email, Video Streaming, Software, Information Technology
- Website http://www.google.com/
- Full profile for Google
- Founded 1958
- Overview LG Englewood Cliffs is a new building initiative that protects the palisades and creates homes for the growing U.S. workforce.
- Location Seoul, 11
- Categories Consumer Electronics, Hardware, Software, Information Technology, Telecommunications, Electronics
- Website http://www.lg.com
- Full profile for LG
- Founded 1983
- Overview Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company that operates 4G LTE and 3G networks as well as provides information and entertainment services. The company serves mass market, business, government, and wholesale customers by delivering broadband and other wireline and wireless communication innovations. Verizon Communications Wireless operates America’s largest wireless network …
- Location New York, NY
- Categories Information Technology, Mobile, Communications Infrastructure
- Website http://www.verizon.com/
- Full profile for Verizon Communications