Looks like slow news day at the world of Web 2.0 blogs. Yesterday Mike broke up with Netflix — it was calling me last night asking me what to do and I was all like “Dude, move on. He’s just not into you.”— and Om is now in love with Akimbo, the video-on-demand service. Which ones do you guys use/like?
- Founded 1995
- Overview Akimbo is a white label video solution. It includes an advertising system and "supports multiple business models including ad-supported, transactional, subscription, download-to-own, download-to-burn, pay-per-minute, gift cards and account credits."
- Location San Mateo, CA
- Categories Recruiting, Personal Branding, Video on Demand
- Website http://www.akimbo.com/
- Full profile for Akimbo
- Founded 1985
- Overview Blockbuster Inc. is a leading global provider of in-home movies and game entertainment, with more than 7,100 stores throughout the Americas, Europe, Asia and Australia.
- Location Denver, CO
- Categories Media and Entertainment
- Website http://blockbuster.com
- Full profile for Blockbuster
- Founded 1997
- Overview Netflix is an online platform that enables user to watch TV shows and movies on smart TVs, gaming consoles, PCs, Macs, mobiles, tablets, and so on. It provides its services under three segments: international streaming, domestic streaming, and domestic DVD. The network enables members to access and view more than one billion hours of TV shows and movies per month, including Netflix original series. …
- Location Los Gatos, CA
- Categories Digital Entertainment, Consumer Electronics, Video
- Website http://www.netflix.com
- Full profile for Netflix