We reached a new milestone in our ongoing experiment to see how many people can fit inside my house before the police come and arrest me: over 250 last night (previous record was 200ish) at the Riya Launch Party.
The thing I liked best about this party was that Tara Hunt from Riya and Andrea Reinhardt from Just Starting Up took care of everything – Fifty something pizzas, 20 or more cases of beer, wine and champagne, bags and bags of ice, the A/V system for the demo and tons of tshirts and stickers. Tom Conrad from Pandora chipped in with a complete music system.
The rumors about a Google acquistion were neither confimed nor denied by anyone in the know…but there sure is a lot of buzz around this company right now.
Things I loved about the event:
- Riya rocks and now even more people know about it
- My Dad flew in for the party and saw what this web 2.0 stuff is all about (on left in picture)
- My dog Laguna is still alive
- As far as I know, Dorrian didn’t park in my yard this time
- Lots of cool companies besides Riya came and showed their stuff in the demo room
Things that weren’t as great about the event:
- Fifty something empty pizza boxes and 20 something cases of empty beer and wine bottles scattered around my lawn this morning
- Somebody drank all of my scotch again :-)
- The Atherton police set up a sobriety checkpoint around the corner from my house
- Gabe, Richard, Fred and others were out of town and couldn’t make it
That’s it for parties this year. The next one should be in January or February. I can’t say what it is yet but I will say that it involves a launch party again…this time for a book.
Other mentions of the party (send me an email or trackback to this post):
UPDATE 11/24/05: Enric has a video of Tara’s Riya demo up on his site.