No, this isn’t a guest column by Aaron Levie. Though he and his startup Box, the poster child of the “sexy enterprise,” are definitely included in the bunch. “You should definitely kick Aaron off the list. Just to mess with him,” Zendesk founder Mikkel Svane commented when he heard what we were writing. With VCs voting with their feet and eschewing consumer startups… → Read More
Grade management service LearnBoost, which recently received $975,000 in seed funding, made its first product available to the public today. Now, using LearnBoost’s free teacher gradebook and lesson plan software, teachers can manage their entire classroom with one account instead of having to have a separate lesson plan software account, an account for Google calendars, etc.
Learnboost’s… → Read More
GitHub, the source code hosting and collaboration service, has hit a major milestone tonight: the site is now hosting one million projects, confirmed Scott Chacon, VP of Research and Development at GitHub. Approximately 60 percent of these projects are full repositories – that is, shared folders with code spread across multiple files – while the remaining 40 percent are “gists”, or short code… → Read More