August 22, 2013
Thinking outside the box can be difficult, which is why we're headed to the border. San Diego, prepare yourself for a visit from TechCrunch at the TC Meetup + Pitch-Off. It will be a night to remember, with beer, networking opportunities, and a battle to the death to see which entrepreneurs can dazzle and excite in under sixty seconds. Don't forget - there will most certainly be beer.
- Participants interested in competing in the pitch-off will have 60 seconds to explain why their startup is awesome. These products must currently be in stealth or private beta. Applications are here.
Office hours details
- Office Hours are for companies selected for the Pitch-off, these 15 minute 1 on 1 talks will be held on the day of the event. We'll hear about your company, give feedback, and talk about the best pitch strategy for the 60-second rapid-fire competition. Think of us as Adam Levine on The Voice. More information on Office Hours will follow in a post on TechCrunch.
- We will have 3-5 judges, including TechCrunch writers and local VC's, who will decide on the winners of the Pitch-off. First place will receive a table in Start Up Alley at the upcoming TechCrunch Disrupt. Second Place will receive 2 tickets to the upcoming TechCrunch Disrupt. Third Place will receive 1 ticket to the upcoming TechCrunch Disrupt.
- Block 16 – 344 7th Ave San Diego, CA 92101
- Event runs from 6 PM – 10 PM
Questions about the event? Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How To Become A Sponsor
- For more information on sponsorship packages and to discuss becoming a sponsor, please contact email@example.com.
And whether you're an investor, entrepreneur, dreamer or tech enthusiast, we want to see you at the event, so we can give you free beer and hear your thoughts. Come one, come all. It's sure to be a night to remember.
San Diego Meetup Coverage
by Jordan Crook
In exactly 10 days, TechCrunch will arrive in sunny San Diego, hungry for burritos and fresh talent. And today is the last day to apply for the pitch-off. The TechCrunch San Diego Meetup + Pitch-Off will go down on Thursday, August 22 from 6pm to 10pm at Block 16, complete with a few fireside chats, a 60-second pitch-off competition, and a whole lot of beer. Read More
by Jordan Crook
Baseball season is in full swing and football is around the corner, but there's one other competitive sport that's heating up. The TechCrunch Meetup + Pitch-Off is invading San Diego on Tuesday, August 22. That's right, folks. It's game time! Read More