Growth Hacking: an Introduction
Learn the art and science of Growth Hacking from growth team members at Facebook, LinkedIn, LivingSocial, and Dropbox!
This course was put together by me, Gagan Biyani, a co-founder of Udemy, and Erin Turner, who co-founded the Growth Hackers Conference with me. I can honestly say this is the best lineup of speakers I could have imagined teaching you about the subject of Growth Hacking.
There's nearly 10 hours of content in this course.
Not only will you get access to panels and lectures on growth hacking, but you will also receive exclusive one-on-one interviews with many of the speakers. We took them backstage and asked them tough questions about how to build a growth team, what metrics to focus on, and what mistakes they made that you can learn from.
Here are the lectures included in this course:
Chamath Palihapitiya, Founder of Facebook Growth Team
Keynote: "How we put Facebook on the path to 1 billion users"
Sean Ellis, CEO of Qualaroo and coined the term "Growth Hacker"
Keynote: "Building an Authentic, Effective Growth Engine for your Business"
Panel: Erin Turner (moderator), Danielle Morrill (Twilio, Referly), Hiten Shah (KISSmetrics), Nabeel Hyatt (Zynga, Spark Capital), Joe Zadeh (AirBnB),
Panel: "Growth for early stage startups"
Mike Greenfield, Growth Hacker in Residence at 500 Startups, founder of Circle of Moms
"The Art of A/B Testing"
Aaron Batalion, CTO of LivingSocial
"The LivingSocial Story: Always Be Growing"
Aaron Ginn (moderator), Blake Commagere (Causes), Simon Tisminezky (SpeedDate), Matt Humphrey (HomeRun), Jesse Farmer (Everlane, DevBootCamp),
Panel: "Harnessing networks for distribution"
Andrew Chen (moderator), Eric Florenzano (Twitter), David Lieb (Bump), Linda Tong (TapJoy),
Panel: "Growth on mobile"
Elliot Schmukler, LinkedIn Growth Team
"So, where should I start optimizing, anyway?"
Jeremy Liew (moderator), Josh Elman (Greylock, Twitter), ChenLi Wang (Dropbox), Yee Lee (Google),
Panel: "Building a culture & skill set to get results"
Plus one-on-one interviews with:
- Aaron Batalion
- Andrew Chen
- Blake Commagere
- Chamath Palihapitiya
- ChenLi Wang
- David Lieb
- Elliot Schmukler
- Eric Florenzano
- Hiten Shah
- Jeremy Liew
- Jesse Farmer
- Josh Elman
- Linda Tong
- Matt Humphrey
- Mike Greenfield
- Sean Ellis
- Simon Tisminezky
Growth hacking is disrupting marketing as we know it.
At consumer Internet companies big and small, the drive to find scalable and repeatable ways to gain customers is blurring the lines between marketing, product management, and engineering. We're seeing a new role emerge across Silicon Valley: the "growth hacker" and entire growth teams are combining quantitative direct marketing techniques, data modeling, relentless testing, and the harnessing of distribution existing networks. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Airbnb are just a few companies who've grown to millions of users with this new breed of marketers leading the charge.
Growth Hackers Conference is an event for technology entrepreneurs, marketers, developers, and investors to learn from the best growth hackers in Silicon Valley.
You will hear from the best growth hackers in the business, including the founders of the growth teams at Facebook and Twitter, the co-founder and CTO of LivingSocial, the CEO of KISSMetrics and other leading thinkers and entrepreneurs. Our speakers will cover everything from how to make sure the right growth engine is embedded at the core of a product to how they've skyrocketed customer numbers once product-market fit is already working.
CHAPTER 1: Growth Hackers Conference
- Chamath Palihapitiya - How we put Facebook on the path to 1 billion users Lecture 1 - VideoMashup
- Sean Ellis - Bulding An Authentic, Effective Growth Engine For Your Business Lecture 2 - VideoMashup
- Panel 1 Growth For Early Stage Start Ups Lecture 3 - Video
- Mike Greenfield - The Art Of AB Testing Lecture 4 - VideoMashup
- Aaron Batalion - The Living Social Story: Always Be Growing Lecture 5 - VideoMashup
- Panel 2 Harnessing Networks For Distribution Lecture 6 - Video
- Panel 3 Growth On Mobile Lecture 7 - Video
- Elliot Schmukler - So Where Should I Start Optimizing Anyway Lecture 8 - VideoMashup
- Panel 4 Building a Culture and Skill Set to Get Results Lecture 9 - Video
CHAPTER 2: Exclusive One-on-One Interviews
- Interview Aaron Batalion Lecture 10 - Video
- Interview Andrew Chen Lecture 11 - Video
- Interview Blake Commagere Lecture 12 - Video
- Interview Chamath Palihapitiya Lecture 13 - Video
- Interview Chen Li Wang Lecture 14 - Video
- Interview David Lieb Lecture 15 - Video
- Interview Elliot Schmukler Lecture 16 - Video
- Interview Eric Florenzano Lecture 17 - Video
- Interview Hiten Shah Lecture 18 - Video
- Interview Jeremy Liew Lecture 19 - Video
- Interview Jesse Farmer Lecture 20 - Video
- Interview Josh Elman Lecture 21 - Video
- Interview Linda Tong Lecture 22 - Video
- Interview Matt Humphrey Lecture 23 - Video
- Interview Mike Greenfield Lecture 24 - Video
- Interview Sean Ellis Lecture 25 - Video
- Interview Simon Tisminezky Lecture 26 - Video
Great Insights !
Makes you look at your app / product from a very different perspective and is very very interesting.
awesome course - would recommend to every founder
best course ever. thank you gagan
Best $ spent this month!
Wow, just wow
I loved this course. This course has the top guys in the growing field of Growth Hacking. Chamath's (head of FB growth) talk was mind blowing - and changed the way I looked at Growth / building a culture. Elliot's talk (head of the Linkedin Growth team) was equally amazing - his insights about A/B testing (like the 10% rule) have already impacted the way I approach A/B testing. The only negative part of the course is it's conference recording, but the content is just so good.