The startup, which is based in London, says the seed funding serves as a springboard for a bigger Series A funding round it expects to close in early 2012.
Read more over at TechCrunch Europe.
- Founded 2011
- Overview Blippar is the world’s leading image-recognition platform and visual browser for brands, advertisers, and publishers, enabling people to bring newspapers, magazines, products, signage and merchandising to instant life via smartphones. Using proprietary, best-in-class augmented reality technology, Blippar unlocks the physical world to reveal stunning, interactive digital content experiences, enabling …
- Location New York, New York
- Categories Wearables, Advertising, Mobile, Augmented Reality, Image Recognition
- Founders Ambarish Mitra, Omar Tayeb, Jessica Butcher, Steve Spencer
- Website http://www.blippar.com
- Full profile for Blippar
- Founded 1985
- Overview Qualcomm is an American global fabless semiconductor company that designs, manufactures and markets digital wireless telecommunications products and services. Qualcomm was established in 1985 by MIT alumnus and UC San Diego professor Irwin M. Jacobs, USC and MIT alumnus Andrew Viterbi, Harvey White, Adelia Coffman, Andrew Cohen, Klein Gilhousen, and Franklin Antonio. Currently, Paul E. Jacobs serves …
- Location San Diego, California
- Categories Networking, Telecommunications, Service Providers, Wireless, Semiconductors
- Website http://www.qualcomm.com
- Full profile for Qualcomm