The startup, which is based in London, says the seed funding serves as a springboard for a bigger Series A funding round it expects to close in early 2012.
Read more over at TechCrunch Europe.
- Founded 2011
- Overview To ‘blipp’: the action of instantaneously converting anything in the real world into an interactive wow experience. Blippar is the revolutionary free-app platform behind this new behaviour, enabling users to bring the world around them to life through the camera on a smart device. On opening the app and holding the phone up to visual ‘markers’, traditional print media, advertising and real-world …
- Founders Ambarish Mitra, Omar Tayeb, Jessica Butcher, Steve Spencer
- Website http://blippar.com
- Full profile for Blippar
- Founded 2000
- Overview Qualcomm Ventures (QCV) was formed and began funding in 2000, with a $500-million fund commitment to make strategic investments in early-stage high-technology ventures. Since then, QCV has funded numerous companies in the wireless sector, and set up several exclusive regional funds to spur development in key strategic markets, including a $60-million fund in Korea, a $30-million fund in Japan, a …
- Website https://qualcommventures.com/
- Full profile for Qualcomm Ventures
Latest headlines delivered to you daily