In case you missed it, the NFL, TechCrunch and Stanford GSB have teamed up to create 1ST and Future, a pitch-off competition featuring startups in three categories, Stadium of the Future, Bringing Home the Game and Tomorrow’s Athlete.
Today we’re announcing the judges the contestants in each category will face in their bids to take a $50,000 from the NFL’s Strategic Investment Fund, two Super Bowl tickets, and a meeting with senior NFL executives. We think you’ll agree this is not an every-day judging line-up.
Bringing Home the Game:
- Kevin Compton—Co-Founder of Radar Partners
- Mary Meeker—Investor, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Mike Rothenberg—Founder and CEO, Rothenberg Ventures
- Geoff Yang—Founder, Redpoint
- Mitchel Berger, MD—Professor and Chairman, Department of Neurological Surgery, UCSF; member of NFL’s Head, Neck and Spine Committee
- Jim Breyer—Founder and CEO, Breyer Capital
- Dhani Jones—Former NFL Linebacker, Chairman, Qey Capital Partners, & Co-Founder of Action Streamer
- Mark Parker—CEO, Nike
- Condoleezza Rice—American political scientist and diplomat
The Future Stadium:
- Beth Comstock—Vice Chair, GE
- Bill Gurley—General Partner, Benchmark Capital
- Lowell McAdam—Chairman and CEO, Verizon Communications
- Jed York—CEO of the 49ers
As for the companies that will appear on stage, they’ve all be selected and are working hard
to prepare for the competition. We will announce the names on February 5.
1ST and Future starts is 8:30 – 11:30 a.m. PST on February 6 at Stanford University’s CEMEX Auditorium. The event will be live-streamed on TechCrunch. Be sure to tune in.