Hey, let’s talk about earnings on CrunchWeek.
Can you please say that on the show, Megan?
Welcome to another episode of CrunchWeek, TechCrunch’s weekly roundup show where we talk the biggest things in tech.
This week we’re chatting about YouTube Red, Alphabet and Amazon earnings and Twitter Flight, Twitter Twitter, Jack Dorsey Twitter, Jack Jack Dorsey Dorsey, Jack. It’s #Jacklash (see the video below for the reference).
Also, Drew forgot to wear a blazer. Shame on him!
As our resident earnings overlord Alex says: It’s Friday, it’s CrunchWeek, it’s time to throw down and talk some smack. Hit play, and we’ll see you all right back here in 7 days.
- Founded 2006
- Overview Twitter is a global social networking platform that allows its users to send and read 140-character messages known as “tweets”. It enables registered users to read and post their tweets through the web, short message service (SMS), and mobile applications. As a global real-time communications platform, Twitter has more than 400 million monthly visitors and 255 million monthly active users around …
- Location San Francisco, CA
- Categories Messaging, SMS, Information Services, Software, Blogging Platforms
- Founders Biz Stone
- Website http://www.twitter.com/
- Full profile for Twitter
- Founded 1994
- Overview Amazon is an e-commerce retailer formed originally to provide consumers with products in two segments. It offers users with merchandise and content purchased for resale from vendors and those offered by third-party sellers. Operating in North American and International markets, Amazon provides its services through websites such as amazon.com and amazon.ca. It also enables authors, musicians, filmmakers, …
- Location Seattle, WA
- Categories E-Commerce, Crowdsourcing, Delivery, Software, Retail, Internet
- Website http://amazon.com
- Full profile for Amazon
- Founded 1998
- Overview Google is a multinational corporation that is specialized in internet-related services and products. The company’s product portfolio includes Google Search, which provides users with access to information online; Knowledge Graph that allows users to search for things, people, or places as well as builds systems recognizing speech and understanding natural language; Google Now, which provides information …
- Location Mountain View, CA
- Categories Search, Email, Blogging Platforms, Information Technology, Video Streaming, Software
- Website http://www.google.com/
- Full profile for Google
- Founded 2015
- Overview Alphabet Inc. is the holding company for Google and several Google entities, including Google X, Google Ventures, Google Capital, Calico, and its Life Sciences efforts. On Monday, August 10th, 2015, CEO Larry Page announced the operational restructuring effort for Alphabet Inc. to replace Google Inc. as the official publicly-traded entity. He announced that all shares of Google would automatically …
- Categories Software, Video Streaming, Information Technology, Blogging Platforms, Search, Email, Biotechnology
- Founders Larry Page
- Website https://abc.xyz/
- Full profile for Alphabet
- Founded 2005
- Overview YouTube is a video-sharing website created in February 2005 by three former [PayPal](/company/paypal) employees: [Chad Hurley](/person/chad-hurley), [Steve Chen](/person/steve-chen) and [Jawed Karim](/person/jawed-karim). YouTube enables users to upload, view and share videos. It uses [Adobe Flash](/product/adobe-flash) video and HTML5 technology to display a wide variety of user-generated video …
- Location San Bruno, CA
- Categories Video
- Website http://www.youtube.com/
- Full profile for YouTube