It’s only been around a short three years, but the 500 Startups Accelerator has already cemented its spot as one of the top programs for founders who are looking to improve their products and reach new users. Now graduating more than 100 new companies per year, the program has historically done a great job of including international startups.
500 Startups runs four accelerator classes each year, running a 12-week program of about 30 companies in each batch. The program operates as an incubator in which startups all work together within the same office space, with access to staff and mentors to help them grow their business.
The accelerator is particularly strong in helping startups to understand their internal metrics and distribution, helping them to market their products and services more efficiently. And it’s got a strong background in helping companies about design and improving their product.
It’s also been great for international companies, many of which get their first exposure to what it’s like to operate in Silicon Valley. The program helps them to understand their audience from a global perspective, and helps them to figure out the best way to reach users around the world.
To find out more, check out the video above, where I talk to partners, mentors, and some founders who have been through the program.
This is the first of ten episodes for a new TechCrunch TV series called Incubated. We’ll have a new episode after Wednesday afternoon for the next two-and-a-half months, each of which will take a look at what it’s like inside some of the top accelerators in the U.S. Please join us each week to find out how all the different incubators and accelerators help out the startups that participate in them.
Check out all the episodes of Incubated here:
- Incubated: How The 500 Startups Accelerator Helps Startups Get Noticed
- Incubated: Capital Factory Uses The Austin Community To Lead Startups To Success
- Incubated: Inside Matter.VC’s Structured Approach To Helping Media Startups
- Incubated: How Amplify.LA Helps LA-Based Startups Grow
- Incubated: Y Combinator’s Approach To Finding And Helping Startups Become Big Winners
- Incubated: Media Camp Helps Startups Get Connected With Hollywood Decision-Makers
- Incubated: MuckerLab’s Hands-On Approach To Accelerating Startup Growth
- Incubated: How StartX Helps Stanford-Affiliated Founders Get Their Companies Off The Ground