It was a big week for gadgets, with GoPro’s public offering, Aereo losing in the Supreme Court, and Google holding its annual I/O Developer conference.
Have a good Friday, everybody!
Intro Music by Mendhoan.
- Founded 2012
- Overview Aereo is a New York City-based technology company that allows consumers to access live broadcast television on Internet-connected devices through use of its remote integrated (cloud-based) antenna/DVR technology. Using Aereo’s technology, consumers can pause and rewind any program that they are watching live, or save a program for future viewing. A cable or satellite television subscription is …
- Location New York, New York
- Categories Curated Web
- Founders Chet Kanojia
- Website http://aereo.com/home
- Full profile for Aereo
- Founded 1998
- Overview Google provides search and advertising services, which together aim to organize and monetize the world's information. In addition to its dominant search engine, it offers a plethora of online tools and platforms including: Gmail, Maps, YouTube, and Google+, the company's extension into the social space. Most of its Web-based products are free, funded by Google's highly integrated online …
- Location Mountain View, California
- Categories Software, Video Streaming, Email, Search, Information Technology, Blogging Platforms
- Founders Larry Page, Sergey Brin
- Website https://www.google.com
- Full profile for Google
- Founded 2003
- Overview GoPro is the world's leading activity image capture company. GoPro produces the HD HERO® line of wearable and gear-mountable cameras and accessories, making it easy for people to capture and share their lives' most exciting moments in high definition. GoPro's products are sold through specialty retailers in more than 50 countries and online at http://www.gopro.com.
- Location San Mateo, California
- Categories Hardware + Software, 3D, Hardware, Video
- Founders Nick Woodman
- Website http://www.gopro.com
- Full profile for GoPro