Provide administrative support to editors of TechCrunch:
- Manage calendars, expenses, travel and shipping needs for editors.
- Keep managers aware of changes with calendar or travel as it changes.
- Complete requests in a timely manner with attention to detail.
Be liaison between editorial staff and all things AOL:
- Answer questions related to HR, accounting and legal.
Have an undying love for expenses:
- Complete expenses for yourself and managers in a timely manner.
- Be knowledgeable about the process so you can explain to writers when problems arise.
- Know what an appropriate expense is, and approve reports in a timely manner.
- Make sure all expenses are charged to the correct department to keep a balanced accounting sheet.
Assist in operation of Disrupt event:
- Be available to solve a wide range of problems associated with Disrupt.
- Handle yourself in a professional manner.
- Fill in where needed.
- Assist VIPs with entering and exiting the building.
Make sure all 3rd-party vendors are paid on time:
- Receive and organize incoming invoices.
- Work with accounts to set up 3rd-party vendors to be paid.
- Submit invoices and follow-up to ensure payment in a timely manner.
Process monthly payroll for freelancers:
- Count number of posts for freelancers and submit to AOL accounting for payment.
- Keep contract database organized for reference and monthly payments.
- Ensure spending is staying within budget.
Track editorial analytics on a weekly basis:
- Pull weekly analytics for editorial team.
- Compile reports based on data as needed for managers.
Help entire editorial team with travel as needed:
- Make sure editorial team is set up with hotel during events.
- Ensure travel is booked in a timely manner for events.
- Research all travel options for events we cover including CES, SXSW, E3, etc.