The Gillmor Gang — John Taschek, Keith Teare, Kevin Marks, and Steve Gillmor — act their age in the style of Steve Ballmer, who thinks he’s of an older time where the world’s not going. I’m not so sure he’s right about that, what with SnapChat taking a pass on $3 billion ephemeral oh-so-direct messages. Surely the snark social leader fits like a glove with the younger set, but at its core the underlying motives are straight out of Game of Thrones.
At least that’s what I’ve been told, not having caught up yet on TV To Go’s latest offerings. James Spader’s Breaking Badder act on NBC and Scandal’s cliffhanger a week may be symptoms of the New Hollywood as rendered in BYOB(inge) terms, but surely the table stakes are being set anew with Broadcast + 7 the new normal. Plenty going on for a slow week, yet even time for incomprehensible soccer and JSON threads. See you at Dreamforce.
@stevegillmor, @jtaschek, @kevinmarks, @kteare
Produced and directed by Tina CHase Gillmor @tinagillmor
- Bio John Taschek is vice president of strategy at salesforce.com. He is responsible for corporate product strategy, corporate intelligence and market influence. Taschek came to company in 2003, bringing over 20 years of technology evaluation experience. Taschek currently is also the editorial director for CloudBlog - an independent blog run as an adjunct to salesforce.com’s web properties. He occasionally …
- Full profile for John Taschek
- Current Companies just.me, Archimedes Labs, M.dot, Top Level Domain Holdings
- Bio Keith Teare is the CEO and founder of just.me Inc and a Founder at the Palo Alto incubator, Archimedes Labs. Teare has a track record as a serial entrepreneur with big ideas and has achieved significant returns for investors. History (a) The EasyNet Group: Founded in 1994 as one of the first ISP’s in Europe, Teare was CTO and co-founder. It went public on the AIM exchange in London in 1996 and …
- Full profile for Keith Teare
- Current Companies Salesforce
- Bio Kevin Marks is a software engineer. Kevin served as an evangelist for OpenSocial and as a software engineer at Google. In June 2009 he announced his resignation. From September 2003 to January 2007 he was Principal Engineer at Technorati responsible for the spiders that make sense of the web and track millions of blogs daily. He has been inventing and innovating for over 17 years in emerging technologies …
- Full profile for Kevin Marks
- Current Companies Gillmor Gang, TechCrunch
- Bio Steve Gillmor is a technology commentator, editor, and producer in the enterprise technology space. He is Head of Technical Media Strategy at salesforce.com and a TechCrunch contributing editor. Gillmor previously worked with leading musical artists including Paul Butterfield, David Sanborn, and members of The Band after an early career as a record producer and filmmaker with Columbia Records’ Firesign …
- Full profile for Steve Gillmor
Latest headlines delivered to you daily