The biggest tech news of the week came from Europe! Microsoft is acquiring Nokia’s phone business for $7.2 billion, and we needed to process the news together. This is the TechCrunch Europe Podcast, wherein we European writers discuss tech news, as well as what’s happening in our startup scene.
Also happening this week, Seedcamp celebrated its sixth birthday and gave us interesting numbers. We discuss whether European tech startup accelerators are improving.
We invite you to enjoy our weekly podcast every Thursday.
Intro music by Espanto.
- Founded 1865
- Ticker NYSE:NOK
- Overview NOKIA is a Finnish multinational communications corporation. It is primarily engaged in the manufacturing of mobile devices and in converging Internet and communications industries. They make a wide range of mobile devices with services and software that enable people to experience music, navigation, video, television, imaging, games, business mobility and more. Nokia is the owner of Symbian operation …
- Website http://nokia.com
- Full profile for Nokia
- Founded May 2007
- Total Funding €5M
- Overview Seedcamp is an organization to jumpstart the entrepreneurial community in Europe by putting the next generation of developers and entrepreneurs in front of a network of company builders; including seed investors, serial entrepreneurs, product experts, HR specialists, marketers, lawyers, recruiters, journalists and venture capitalists. Seedcamp acts as a micro seed fund to invest in startup companies. …
- Website http://www.seedcamp.com
- Full profile for Seedcamp
- Founded September 2011
- Total Funding $2.6M
- Overview tado° is The Heating App for private homes and small businesses. It adjusts to the residents’ behavior in real time and also takes current weather forecasts and building characteristics into account. tado° GmbH is a Munich based Tech Startup bringing Internet of Things into the Cleantech Market. It was founded by Christian Deilmann, Johannes Schwarz, Valentin Sawadski and Leopold von Bismarck in …
- Website http://www.tado.com
- Full profile for tado°
Latest headlines delivered to you daily