The Ubuntu Edge may have been the most successful crowdfunding campaign in history, but that doesn’t mean it made its goal. Meanwhile, yet another smartwatch joined the fray this week, coaxing John’s money out of his wallet by being just a tad “smarter” than the rest. Makerbot released a scanner this week called the Digitizer, which lets you scan objects to then print them, but we’re not sure we’re down with the high price tag. And last, but certainly not least, we all pretty much agree that a gold iPhone will make its way into the world come September 10.
We invite you to enjoy our weekly podcasts every Friday at 3pm Eastern and noon Pacific.
Intro Music by Rick Barr.
- Founded April 1976
- Ticker NASDAQ:AAPL
- Overview Apple is an American multinational corporation headquartered in Cupertino, California that designs, develops, and sells consumer electronics, computer software and personal computers. It was founded by Steve Jobs, Ronald Wayne and Steve Wozniak. Some of Apple’s best-known hardware products are the Mac line of computers, the iPod music player, the iPhone smartphone, and the iPad tablet computer. …
- Founders Armas Clifford Markkula, Jr, Kristee Rosendahl, Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak
- Website http://www.apple.com
- Full profile for Apple
- Founded 2004
- Total Funding $10M
- Overview We’ve come a long way since our launch in 2004. We now have over 500 staff in more than 30 countries, and offices in London, Boston, Taipei, Montreal, Shanghai, São Paulo and the Isle of Man. Driven by founder Mark Shuttleworth’s original vision to create software platforms that compete with the best but are free to use, share and develop, we’re growing every year.
- Founders Mark Shuttleworth
- Website http://www.canonical.com
- Full profile for Canonical
- Founded July 2013
- Total Funding $1.03M
- Overview Omate® stands for Outdoor mate. Omate is a telecom software design company. Our primary goals were to make the World connected through your wrist and make Android Wearable. Omate has disrupted the industry by designing the World’s first software running on top of Android dedicated to wearable devices in July 2013 (OUI: Omate User Interface) six months before the release of Android Wear. We …
- Website http://www.omate.com
- AngelList Page
- Full profile for Omate
Latest headlines delivered to you daily