Android 4.3 features new restricted profiles for kids, OpenGL|ES 3.0 for game developers, a redesigned camera interface, Bluetooth Low Energy support and general performance improvements. Android 4.3 will still be called ‘Jelly Bean’. Darrell wrote a post detailing every new feature in Android 4.3.
Recently, Google started selling the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the HTC One with a pure Android OS. As Google can update those devices pretty easily, the company mentioned that the Galaxy S4 and HTC One will receive the 4.3 update “very soon” as well.
Google didn’t announce any release date of Android 4.3 for third-party device makers. OEMs may have to test their UI layers first (like Sense or TouchWiz) before rolling it out to their users.
- Founded October 2003
- Total Funding Not available
- Overview In August 2005, Google acquired Android, a small startup company based in Palo Alto, CA. Android’s co-founders who went to work at Google included Andy Rubin (co-founder of Danger), Rich Miner (co-founder of Wildfire), Nick Sears (once VP at T-Mobile), and Chris White (one of the first engineers at WebTV). At the time, little was known about the functions of Android other than they made software …
- Website http://www.android.com
- Full profile for Android
- Founded September 1998
- Ticker NASDAQ:GOOG
- Overview Google provides search and advertising services, which together aim to organize and monetize the world’s information. In addition to its dominant search engine, it offers a plethora of online tools and platforms including: Gmail, Maps, YouTube, and Google+, the company’s extension into the social space. Most of its Web-based products are free, funded by Google’s highly integrated online advertising …
- Website http://google.com
- AngelList Page
- Full profile for Google