So do we.
Update: We originally thought this email was a missive from Karp’s family to Karp. Thank you Scott Kidder for setting us straight.
- Current Companies Tumblr
- Bio Tumblr founder David Karp was born and raised in New York City, attending the Bronx High School Science before dropping out at age 15. An internship at Frederator Studios led to a gig leading product at UrbanBaby. When CNET acquired the company in 2005, Karp started his own development agency, Davidville. In 2007 his team launched Tumblr, now the home and platform for more than 100 million creators. …
- Full profile for David Karp
- Founded February 2007
- Total Funding $125M
- Overview Tumblr is a re-envisioning of tumblelogging, a subset of blogging that uses quick, mixed-media posts. The service hopes to do for the tumblelog what services like LiveJournal and Blogger did for the blog. The difference is that its extreme simplicity will make luring users a far easier task than acquiring users for traditional weblogging. Anytime a user sees something interesting online, they can click …
- Founders David Karp
- Website http://tumblr.com
- Full profile for Tumblr
- Founded January 1994
- Ticker NASDAQ:YHOO
- Overview Yahoo was founded in 1994 by Stanford Ph.D. students David Filo and Jerry Yang. It has since evolved into a major internet brand with search, content verticals, and other web services. Yahoo! Inc. (Yahoo!), incorporated in 1995, is a global Internet brand. To users, the Company provides owned and operated online properties and services (Yahoo! Properties, Offerings, or Owned and Operated sites). Yahoo! …
- Founders David Filo, Nitin Motgi, Jerry Yang, Roland Schemers, Craig Walker
- Website http://www.yahoo.com
- Full profile for Yahoo!
Latest headlines delivered to you daily