So do we.
Update: We originally thought this email was a missive from Karp’s family to Karp. Thank you Scott Kidder for setting us straight.
— Scott Kidder (@skidder) May 22, 2013
- Founded 2007
- Overview Tumblr is a re-envisioning of tumblelogging, a subset of blogging that uses quick, mixed-media posts. The service hopes to do for the tumblelog what services like LiveJournal and Blogger did for the blog. The difference is that its extreme simplicity will make luring users a far easier task than acquiring users for traditional weblogging. Anytime a user sees something interesting online, they can click …
- Location New York, New York
- Categories Curated Web, Opinions, Blogging Platforms
- Founders David Karp
- Website http://tumblr.com/
- Full profile for Tumblr
- Founded 1994
- Overview Yahoo is the world's largest start-up, which means that we move fast and always let our users lead the way. Founded in 1994 by two Stanford PhD candidates, we've grown into a company that helps you find what you're looking for on any Internet-connected device. Our employees are rewarded for curiosity and we celebrate explorers, relying on our passionate and transformative talent to do what's …
- Location Sunnyvale, California
- Categories Portals, Photography, Email, Search, Technology, Internet
- Founders David Filo
- Website http://www.yahoo.com
- Full profile for Yahoo!
- Bio Tumblr founder David Karp was born and raised in New York City, attending the Bronx High School Science before dropping out at age 15. An internship at Frederator Studios led to a gig leading product at UrbanBaby. When CNET acquired the company in 2005, Karp started his own development agency, Davidville. In 2007 his team launched Tumblr, now the home and platform for more than 100 million creators. …
- Full profile for David Karp