So do we.
Update: We originally thought this email was a missive from Karp’s family to Karp. Thank you Scott Kidder for setting us straight.
— Scott Kidder (@skidder) May 22, 2013
- Bio Tumblr founder David Karp was born and raised in New York City, attending the Bronx High School Science before dropping out at age 15. An internship at Frederator Studios led to a gig leading product at UrbanBaby. When CNET acquired the company in 2005, Karp started his own development agency, Davidville. In 2007 his team launched Tumblr, now the home and platform for more than 100 million creators. …
- Full profile for David Karp
- Founded 2007
- Overview Tumblr is a re-envisioning of tumblelogging, a subset of blogging that uses quick, mixed-media posts. The service hopes to do for the tumblelog what services like LiveJournal and Blogger did for the blog. The difference is that its extreme simplicity will make luring users a far easier task than acquiring users for traditional weblogging. Anytime a user sees something interesting online, they can click …
- Location New York, New York
- Categories Curated Web, Postal and Courier Services, Opinions, Blogging Platforms
- Founders David Karp
- Website http://tumblr.com
- Full profile for Tumblr
- Founded 1994
- Overview Yahoo is a technology company that is known for its web services and applications. It is primarily known for its search engine known by the name of the company. The Company's offerings to users fall into five categories: Front Doors; Search; Communications and Communities; Media, and Connected Life. The majority of its offerings are available in more than 20 languages. Its product portfolio includes …
- Location Sunnyvale, California
- Categories Portals, Curated Web, Photography, Email, Search
- Founders David Filo
- Website http://www.yahoo.com
- Full profile for Yahoo!