For the latest episode of my Foundation series, I headed over to the Path office to sit down with founder Dave Morin.
Dave talks about getting his start in student marketing at Apple, and reflects that focus is one of the most important things he learned there. He goes on to describe his time at Facebook, where an intense focus on product utility set the product up for long-term growth. Dave also dives into the moments that inspired Path, and the different ways their team thinks about the social graph.
Dave on defining success, and what success looks like for Path:
For us it’s about growing along the curve in a way that is authentic to our values. For us it’s about design. It’s about quality. It’s about people being themselves. It’s about maintaining trust. It’s about doing all those things, and staying focused on humans. How do we have an honest relationship with you? That’s what success maybe looks like for us.
Kevin Rose is a general partner at Google Ventures. You can watch Kevin’s prior Foundation episode, an interview with Tony Tseih, CEO of Zappos, here.
- Current Companies Path, Eventbrite, Matter.com
- Bio Dave is an entrepreneur. Today, he is the Co-Founder and CEO of Path, the personal network that helps you be closer with the ones you love. Previously, was an early member of the Facebook team where he spent several years working to make the Internet more social by co-creating Facebook Platform and Facebook Connect. Prior to Facebook, he spent several years learning design thinking and marketing …
- Full profile for Dave Morin
- Current Companies ngmoco, Sofa Labs, about.me, i/o Ventures, Chomp, Google
- Bio Kevin Rose is a Partner at Google Ventures, where he primarily focuses on early-stage and seed investments. Prior to joining Google Ventures, Kevin co-founded Milk, a mobile application development company in San Francisco. Previously Kevin was the founder of Digg, and co-founder of Revision3, and Pownce (acquired by Six Apart). In addition, Rose is the founder of Foundation, a private newsletter …
- Full profile for Kevin Rose
- Founded November 2010
- Total Funding $41.2M
- Overview Path brings people closer together. Guided by the belief that mobile technology will fundamentally change the cultural, social, and economic landscape, Path focuses on simplicity, quality, and privacy to provide the best mobile personal networking service in the world. Path was designed with the people you love, your closest friends and family, in mind. It’s a trusted, intimate environment like …
- Website http://path.com
- Full profile for Path