Disregard the buggy presentation. RIM and Facebook revealed the BlackBerry 10 Facebook application today at BlackBerry Jam. This native app looks and feels very similar to its iOS and Android counterparts. The hidden menu on the left, large photos on the mobile wall — it’s seemingly all there, just as expected.
However, RIM was unable to show off the upcoming app in detail. First, the app crashed. Then it appeared the device stopped exporting the video signal to the external display. And then the app failed to update. But it’s Facebook! On BlackBerry 10!
The Facebook app will be available at launch with Blackberry 10. Hopefully it will be less buggy at that time.
Like previous BlackBerry operating systems, Facebook is also baked right into BB10. Facebook messages and notifications show up in BB10′s main messaging pane.
- Founded February 2004
- Ticker NASDAQ:FB
- Overview Facebook is the world’s largest social network, with over 1.15 billion monthly active users. Facebook was founded by Mark Zuckerberg in February 2004, initially as an exclusive network for Harvard students. It was a huge hit: in 2 weeks, half of the schools in the Boston area began demanding a Facebook network. Zuckerberg immediately recruited his friends Dustin Moskovitz, Chris Hughes, and Eduardo …
- Website http://facebook.com
- Full profile for Facebook
- Founded December 1984
- Ticker NASDAQ:BBRY
- Overview BlackBerry (formerly Research in Motion) is a Canadian designer, manufacturer and marketer of wireless devices and solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market. The company is best known as the developer of the BlackBerry smart phone. Blackberry technology also enables a broad array of third party developers and manufacturers to enhance their products and services with wireless connectivity …
- Website http://us.blackberry.com
- Full profile for Blackberry
Latest headlines delivered to you daily