BoomStartup, an incubator based in Salt Lake City, Utah, just announced the startups participating in its third annual session.
The program runs from May to August. Participating companies get $20,000 in seed capital and $80,000 worth of infrastructure, office space, and services from companies like Microsoft, PayPal, and Rackspace. Co-managing partner Robb Kunz places a big emphasis on mentorship — each startup is assigned a lead mentor as their main point of contact, and other mentors include SimpleGeo co-founder Matt Galligan and Omniture co-founder John Pestana.
And if you’re thinking, “Utah? What? Did someone say incubator bubble?” well, at least a few important tech products have come out of Utah, including WordPerfect and Omniture. More recently, there was Space Monkey, the Dropbox competitor that won best new startup at this year’s Launch conference. And BoomStratup was actually on the Kauffman Foundation’s list of top 15 incubators last year. (Yes, that’s a real list that someone made.)
Anyway, here’s a (lightly edited) list of the companies, provided by BoomStartup:
- Akomplish - Akomplish is online productivity software that allows users to manage contacts, tasks and calendars for their personal lives as well as for one or more groups or companies.
- AutoBid - AutoBid provides simple, elegant technology solutions for the collision repair industry that reduce administrative costs, save employee time and increase overall profit.
- BlueRoof360 - BlueRoof 360 is designed to provide real estate brokers with easy-to-use online tools to help their agents make effective use of the Internet to grow their businesses. The tools they provide include a professionally designed, custom personal website with interactive MLS map search, client management, email marketing, blog, mobile site and market analysis tools.
- CityGro - CityGro gives businesses real-time access to customers by releasing special offers. Through the CityGro platform, businesses can build a network of customers who receive live mobile updates for each promotion they run.
- CitySpark - CitySpark is a local event discovery portal that enables users to discover the hundreds of interesting and relevant events going on all around them. The service provides ideas for dates, afternoon activities with the kids, professional conferences and outdoor adventures.
- Match Mate Inc - MatchMate.Me is wants to reduce the awkwardness and complexity of matchmaking. The service – distributed through web, mobile and social platforms – turns users into matchmakers, helping match up the people we know with the people they don’t.
- Referral.IM - Referral.IM simplifies the practice of referral passing for the medical industry.
- TextMeTix - TextMeTix is a free consumer service that has unique relationships with various ticket vendors allowing them to create and send last-minute deals.
- XoomPark - XoomPark.com offers online guaranteed parking, including reservations for large, downtown events within walking distance of multiple venues such as sports arenas, theaters, restaurants, etc.