The acquisition of the online shoe and accessories retailer, which had been whispered about for the past few days after e-commerce giant OZON was given the go-ahead for the deal by the Federal Antimonopoly Service (FAS) of the Russian Federation, was confirmed by early Sapato.ru investor Fast Lane Ventures in a press release issued earlier this morning. Sadly, financial terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
Read more at TechCrunch Europe.
- Founded 1998
- Total Funding $121M
- Overview Ozon is the most popular internet shop selling Russian language goods- Books, Movies, Music, and Software. They have been operating from Russia since 1998 and sell worldwide to customers in 56 different countries.
- Founders Wouter van der Wiel
- Website http://www.ozon.ru
- Full profile for OZON.ru
- Founded June 2010
- Total Funding $20M
- Overview The online store offers users a professional and seamless service and access to a wide range of shoes by the world’s most famous brands. In addition to shoes, Sapato.ru also has a wide range of accessories including bags, gloves and shoe care products. Sapato.ru delivers anywhere in Russia and guarantees the protection of personal customer data, order information and payments. Sapato’s daily traffic …
- Website http://www.sapato.ru
- Full profile for Sapato.ru
Latest headlines delivered to you daily