Terms of the deal with LG were, per usual, not disclosed, although it’s worth pointing out that Microsoft says it expands upon a pre-existing agreement between the pair.
We’re anxiously awaiting Google’s response to this announcement.
- Description Android is a software platform for mobile devices based on the Linux operating system and developed by Google and the Open Handset Alliance. It allows developers to write managed code in Java that utilizes Google-developed software libraries, but does not support programs developed in native code. The unveiling of the Android platform on 5 November 2007 was announced with the founding of the Open …
- Company Google
- Website http://code.google.com/android/
- Full profile for Android
- Founded December 1947
- Total Funding Not available
- Overview The LG Group is South Korea’s third largest conglomerate that produces electronics, chemicals, and telecommunications products and operates subsidiaries like LG Electronics, LG Telecom, Zenith Electronics and LG Chem in over 80 countries. LG Electronics plays an active role in world markets with its assertive global business policy. As a result, LG Electronics controls 114 local subsidiaries worldwide, …
- Website http://www.lg.com
- Full profile for LG
- Founded April 1974
- Ticker NASDAQ:MSFT
- Overview Microsoft, founded in 1975 by Bill Gates and Paul Allen, is a veteran software company, best known for its Microsoft Windows operating system and the Microsoft Office suite of productivity software. Starting in 1980 Microsoft formed a partnership with IBM allowing Microsoft to sell its software package with the computers IBM manufactured. Microsoft is widely used by professionals worldwide and largely …
- Website http://www.microsoft.com
- Full profile for Microsoft