The startup, which is based in London, says the seed funding serves as a springboard for a bigger Series A funding round it expects to close in early 2012.
Read more over at TechCrunch Europe.
- Founded 2011
- Overview Blippar is the leading visual discovery app, harnessing augmented reality and image-recognition technology to bring the physical world to life through smartphones. Once the Blippar app is downloaded, people can blipp ("scan") objects they’re curious about and unlock useful and entertaining content. Since launching in the UK in 2011, Blippar has expanded rapidly, partnering with some of the biggest …
- Location New York, NY
- Categories Computer Vision, Advertising, Image Recognition, Augmented Reality, Wearables, Mobile, Education
- Founders Jessica Butcher, Steve Spencer, Ambarish Mitra, Omar Tayeb
- Website http://www.blippar.com
- Full profile for Blippar
- Founded 1985
- Overview Qualcomm is an American global fabless semiconductor company that designs, manufactures and markets digital wireless telecommunications products and services. Qualcomm was established in 1985 by MIT alumnus and UC San Diego professor Irwin M. Jacobs, USC and MIT alumnus Andrew Viterbi, Harvey White, Adelia Coffman, Andrew Cohen, Klein Gilhousen, and Franklin Antonio. Currently, Paul E. Jacobs serves …
- Location San Diego, California
- Categories Networking, Telecommunications, Service Providers, Wireless, Semiconductors
- Website http://www.qualcomm.com
- Full profile for Qualcomm